Descriptif du poste
Lille University is looking for a PhD researcher in Multimodal haptic framework in VR. You will work closely with Go Touch VR on the following project:
Applications are invited for an Early Stage Researcher (ESR) of EU Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) to be hosted in the L2EP / IRCICA research Laboratory of Univ. Lille France. The position is for a fixed-term of 3 years starting in September 2020 and the successful applicant is expected to register for PhD at the University of Lille. This is one of the cohort of 6 ESRs of MULTITOUCH, an EU Innovative Training Network of MSCA involving 4 European Universities, 2 Companies, 1 Technical Institute, and 1 Hospital. The MULTITOUCH Project will train a cohort of 6 researchers that will introduce more haptic into HCI (VR or not) and improve the acceptability of new digital devices and applications.
Within the framework of MULTITOUCH, your work will be to realize Multimodal interaction techniques that work for everyone in VR
Perform novel research under the supervision of academic members of staff and an industrial advisor in the design of devices that allow multimodal haptic feedback.
- Psychophysical evaluation of haptic in VR when combined with visual and auditory feedback,
- Realization of multimodal interaction design in VR,
- Collaborate with an industrial partner to introduce multimodal haptic feedback in VR,
- Participate in the activities of the MULTITOUCH program: attending training workshops, collaborating with network partners, and undertaking periodic secondments at MULTITOUCH partner organizations
- Produce written outputs as required during their PhD studies and to contribute to engagement and dissemination activities of MULTITOUCH
- Present regular progress reports as required by the MULTITOUCH program of research