Descriptif du poste
- Help farmers make the right decisions & protect their crops with a positive agri-environmental footprint.
- Be the VP of Engineering and scale the engineering team.
- Work directly with the CTO and Head of Product.
- Scale the engineering team
- Define required skills & seniority to hire to grow the team
- Define hiring and onboarding process
- Manage people (directly at first, then through Engineering Managers)
- Build engineering culture with CTO
- Continuous improvement, knowledge sharing, training, and collective software ownership
- Make sure internal standards are shared, evolve, and match the best known practices
- Co-work the technical strategy with CTO, and other key contributors
- Consistent with Sencrop’s culture (Customer centricity, Team spirit, Personal responsibility…)
- Ensure execution
- Continuous delivery of new features and experiments
- Improve delivery and bug-fixing processes
- Establish desired level of quality
- esp. arbitrate feature hacking vs rock-solid foundations
- Negotiate roadmap & milestones with Head of Product, and other stakeholders
Our current technology stack:
- React, Cross-platform app with Capacitor, TypeScript, Nest.js on application side
- SQL, python, Apache flink, scala on data-processing side
- Docker-based services, AWS cloud
WHO ARE YOU?
You are in the right place if:
- You are experienced in growing software teams, and manage their output
- You have strong technical skills: you can review code and deep-dive any user-facing problem
- You are experienced in software quality topics (testing approaches, code reviews, practices…)
You recognize yourself? Join the Sencrop adventure!
Weather plays a key role in agriculture. A better knowledge of the weather allows farmers to protect their crops from risks (frost, diseases, pests…), to make better daily decisions and to reduce their environmental impact.
Sencrop, an international AgTech startup, provides to farmers reliable, accurate, and ultralocal weather data through connected ag-weather stations.
Click here to test our application used daily by more than 20,000 farmers, arborists and winegrowers.
- Customer-centricity: we listen to our customers
- Personal responsibility: everyone contributes
- Creativity: we bring ideas, test and learn
- Honesty: to create an atmosphere of trust and confidence
- Sharing: a real team spirit
- Scientific approach: a scientific process for innovation
- Help farmers – Networked innovation to serve thousands of farmers
- Environment – A positive impact thanks to precision farming
GOOD TO KNOW
- Key role in a fast-growing startup
- Flexible work organisation
- An international team
- Specific onboarding & trainings
- Our hobbies: nature, sport, afterworks, …
- CDI, salary according to experience
- Location: Lille (hybrid working is possible)