Panel discussion « Supporting cybersecurity startups in Europe : overview & best practices »
Sony, Target, Gemalto, TV5Monde… examples of phenomenal hackings now make the headlines, on a daily basis. It is a plague for any digital business but it is a real catalyst for cybersecurity and digital trust SME’s. Let’s take this opportunity!
It seems that American Venture Capitals have already understood how promising the cybersecurity Industry is: in the last three month, 1 billion dollars have been invested into startups all around the world. How can Europe best support its SMEs? Cybersecurity Incubators grow all around the continent: how do they work? How do Venture Capitals invest, or not, in this industry?
The panel discussion held on June 10th in Brussels will be an opportunity to understand how cybersecurity startups are supported throughout Europe. We will also present our challenges, discuss how to cooperate & share best practices.
- Mrs Ida HAISMA, Director, The Hague Security Delta (The Netherlands)
- Mr Viorel PECA, Head of Innovation Unit, DG Connect, European Commission
- Mr Ulrich SELSDESLACHTS, CEO of LSEC (Belgium)
- Mr Raouti CHEHIH, CEO, EuraTechnologies / ClusterCN&CS (France)
- Mr Pierre CALAIS, COO, Stormshield / President, R&D-SSI (France)
- Mr Mika KATAIKKO, Director, National Cyber Security Innovation Program (Finland)
They’ll share their experiences :
- Mr Stuart LAIDLAW, CEO, CyberLytic (United Kingdom)
- Mr Lluis VERA, CEO, Ackcent (Spain)
Join us on June 10th from 10.00 to 12.30
227, Rue de la Loi – Wetstraat | 1040 Bruxelles – Brussel
The panel discussion will be followed by a cocktail