Open-source Mobile Dev IndoorLocation H/F Mapwize - à Euratechnologies, Lille, France
Have you ever got lost in a big building, like a hospital, an office building, a university or a shopping mall? While Google Maps and Waze make it easy to navigate outside, Mapwize is the solution to find your way indoors! Thanks to our SaaS platform, building owners can efficiently digitalize the map of their buildings and provide wayfinding and new digital services to their customers and employees. Mapwize already has customers worldwide and new venues are deployed every day. We are looking for talents to join the team and be part of our Smart Building revolution.
To contribute to the development of the open-source framework IndoorLocation.io.
IndoorLocation is the first open-source unified framework to manage locations coming from any Indoor Positioning Technology. The goal is to simplify the inter-connection of any indoor positioning technology (like beacons, wifi, lifi, ultra-sound, sensor fusion) to maps and analytics.
A few providers are already available on Github: https://github.com/indoorlocation
To integrate new providers, you will need to understand their SDK, potentially play with their hardware, create a provider for iOS and Android together with demo applications, document everything in English and publish on Github.
The objectives of the internship are:
- Connect with more Indoor Location partners
- Animate the developer community on Github
- Design some special providers like filters, selectors, …
All the code you will write will be open-source so that means:
- You dare showing to the world how great your code is
- You are fluent with Github and all your commits are clean
- You care about providing proper documentation to other developers
You will be reporting directly to the CTO and working hand in hand with the whole development team.
– Good writing skills in English and capacity to write great documentation
– Experience with iOS and Android development
– Capacity to learn quickly
– Basics of git and Github
– Motivation and dedication
– Attention to details
– Openness to criticism and ideas