Data Engineer (H/F) Sencrop - à Lille
Sencrop, in a nutshell
Nearly 10.000 farmers are using our connected ag-weather stations to receive real-time data and forecasts for temperature, humidity, wind speed, and rainfall in their fields.
Our SaaS platform ingests millions of weather data points from all over Europe every day in order to help our users decide in real-time the course of action they should take in any weather event. Sencrop helps farmers make the best farming choices at the right time: crop protection/sowing/irrigation… just to name a few.
We are growing and hiring a Data Engineer to level-up our Software Engineering team!
Your mission, if you choose to accept it
- Develop and evolve our dataflows from data acquisition (from our sensors and other providers), to processing and querying
- Analyse the query patterns, and the impact on our systems
- Deploy the right tools to improve accessibility to data from other teams (hardware, analytics) and partners
- Work on scalability, data consistency, system resilience, flow monitoring
- Conduct POCs to choose tools and technologies for the future of our platform
- Work on geographical data
Are you the ideal candidate?
- You love working with data, small or big
- You are experienced with several databases, caches, indexing technologies
- You are experienced with streaming technologies (kinesis, kafka, flink…)
- You are aware about distributed storage constraints (consistency, latency, …)
- You are comfortable with java or similar language
- Ideally you know some GIS software
- Team – A team passionate about tech
- Innovation – Networked innovation to serve farmers
- Impact – We impact the job of thousands
- Environnement – A positive impact thanks to precision farming
- Peace of mind – An attractive employer-sponsored insurance
Good to know
- Contract : CDI
- Salary : according to experience
- Location : Euratechnologies – Offices at Lille, at the heart of French Tech.
Positioned at the cutting edge of innovation in connected agriculture, Sencrop won the top award for its high-precision agrometeorological station and platform at the 2017 SIMA Innovation Awards ceremony.
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org